2018 Board Positions
Want to be a leader in Ad Club? Is the possibility of creating fun, professional development programs for students something that excites you? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Executive board positions: President, Vice President of Operations, Director of Events, Director of Communication, Director of Membership
Creative team positions: Creative Director, Webmaster
Things you should know:
- Our terms run with the calendar year, so January through December.
- All executive board officers are required to attend every board meeting, (Meetings are optional for the creative team.) Meetings occur about every two weeks. Scheduling tends to be flexible to accommodate everyone, but the most common times are Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4:30 p.m. If a board member misses two board meetings, they must resign from their position, so please be active and courteous.
- Executive board positions have voting rights on treasury matters and club constitutional amendments. Creative team members do not.
- Ad Club general meetings are usually on Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m. because that’s when Ad/PR students are usually on campus. So please avoid scheduling a class at 4:30 p.m. if you plan on running for the executive board. Our agency tours are typically on Fridays since there are no Ad/PR classes on Fridays.
- You do not have to be an Ad/PR major to be a board member (except for President).
Director of Membership
- Manages club membership database and dues
- Collects contact info from prospective and current members
- Places member info into the membership database spreadsheet
- Note: Needs to follow AAF’s spreadsheet format, shown on their website
- Updates mailing list through Mailchimp
- Creates sign-in sheets for each meeting/event
- Sends emails to new members welcome emails confirming their paid dues
- Coordinates dues to AAF and Ad 2 Orlando every fall
- Welcomes members at meetings
- Attends board meetings and club events
The ideal candidate for Director of Membership is:
- A sophomore or junior at the time of appointment
- Highly detail oriented
- Good at project management and task-focused
- Good team player
- Not working more than 10 to 15 hours a week outside of school
- Not in a leadership position with another organization while serving in Ad Club
- Good listener and open to advise and input from board members and faculty advisor
- Able to attend board meetings and club events